Stoke announced the signing of former Real Madrid starlet Jese Rodriguez on Wednesday and the 24-year-old could play after joining on a season-long loan from PSG.
Wenger confirmed during the press conference that Mertesacker, Mustafi and Coquelin will be available. He also talked about Jack Wilshere & Alexis Sanchez
Jack Wilsher – for him it’s good that he’s back and available. I think he needs games now. He might play again on Monday night but overall, what is important for him is the natural progression to be completely fit. He is not far away now.
Alexis Sanchez – is recovery is going very well, he is working very hard but we have to be cautious. It was a muscular strain and [its important] not to have any setback on it
- Stoke have lost just once in their last seven home games against the Gunners (W3 D3 L1), although it came last time out in May, losing 1-4.
- Arsenal have won four of their last five Premier League games against Stoke, drawing the other.
- Arsenal will be looking to win their opening two games to a Premier League season for the first time since 2009-10.
- Alexandre Lacazette could become the first Arsenal player to score in both of his opening two Premier League appearances for the club, should he net in this fixture.
- Mark Hughes has lost more Premier League matches against Arsene Wenger (13) than he has versus any other manager in the competition.
Arsenal’s great comeback win at home may have ignited positive vibes in the Arsenal changing room but the transfer rumours around Alexis Sanchez are still the overpowering voice. Lacazette will solve goal problems for Arsene Wenger but they must also think about the three goals they bagged on day one. Defensive matters will get you lower or higher in the league table. Stoke looked ok at Everton last weekend but still they lack the oomph.
Prediction – 2-0 Arsenal